Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas Magic

I can feel the cold wind sweeping the bleak streets as I walk. The clouds dim and the Winter stars are far less brighter than the Summer stars. Christmas breeze is blowing , makes me reminisce my childhood Christmas years, those wonderful things. I can feel the child in me that makes me smile as if the years never came and time was taboo. The Simbang Gabi that I missed much, since I decided to move into an entirely new place afar from my family, relatives, and friends but of course, with new friends around to cheer my day up; the puto 'maya', cocoa, and the free coffee offered after each Simbang Gabi session, the Christmas songs that hum the holiday air, me , my sister with my neighbors and cousins doing the Christmas carols at places where we don't have any acquaintances at, crafting Christmas lanterns with classmates, waiting for Mum and Pop to prepare the things that we love to have and eat. My point is, I missed my childhood Christmas years. It was the best ever. The memories linger in me. A time that people from different places come home for something that even they can't explain. No explanation needed. There is something in this season that we don't see in other holidays -- Something that makes us love. Even adults have no time to share their hardships and is always on the go to share how lucky they were to see the people that they like and do what they love to do, depicted on smiles that fit the season of love. Time for little children to extend their arms towards generous people -- which we call ' assumptive attitude' Hmmm! Why didn't I think of this every time I pitch my sales to customers? Hehehe...

I have to tell you that I'm a big fan of St. Nicholas with his reindeers and I believe in the magic that it brings to the heart of each and every being.. my biggest secret, actually. The story simply touches my heart and anyone's heart who believes in it. Influenced by the Western culture, stockings became a part of our lives or soccer knee socks that we hung on the windows believing Santa is just around waiting for you to go to your slumber and would tip toe and would pass through the chimneys without getting dirty and put the gifts equivalent to the deeds that we did from the start of the year, the more obedient we are, the wonderful our gifts are. . Imagine the magic.... But I believed in these little things that makes me and my family happy and make people, who believe in their children's happiness, happy. With these little things makes life so big that makes us too busy to check on other's fault and always find goodness in very individual. MAGIC right? hehehe. It seemed to me that I'm here in Wonderland or the Disneyland but never... because I was in North Pole where it's cold, where I saw the abominable snowman and where the hearts were the warmest; where no evil could disturb the happiness that I felt . Dreaming of those years where me and my cousins would watch the gifts laid underneath the Christmas tree and spend time, before going to bed, thinking of the present that's inside of those beautifully wrapped gifts. And pray each night that my robot or my GI Joe is in that box. I assume you would smile on these wonderful little things that makes us happy that you can relate to.
Nothing compares to the thrill that it gives each and every one of us every time the BIG people gives us a 'Go' signal to open those presents. The thrill maybe simple as it may seem ...but magical. Even I, in my young adulthood, simply can't explain how and why. But I won't dwell thinking on the reason. As long as I see the people and feel myself happy, then that would make me happy for one reason. The season has a reason to make us smile and happy.
Hope you enjoyed your every Christmas experience. I've enjoyed mine since I was a kid. Have a merry Christmas always.

No comments: